Read-a-Thon: End of Event Meme

Yay for the Read-a-Thon! And the end of event meme!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Well, the last hour nearly drove me crazy, but I think somewhere around hour twelve was when I first realized that this might be really difficult.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Yes! I particularly loved The Hunger Games (duh), but would also recommend Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day for folks who want something lighter and sweeter and super fast paced.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, this was perfect!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I still can't get over how nice it was having cheerleaders.

5. How many books did you read?
Six, plus about 30 pages of my last book.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collines
Love and Rockets: New Stories No. 3, by Los Bros Hernandez
Austenland, by Shannon Hale
Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day, by Winifred Watson
When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3, by Brian Vaughn
And I just dipped my toes into Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
This is tough, I loved all my children books equally!

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I didn't enjoy anything "the least" but I was surprised by how sad Love and Rockets made me, which kind of threw me off my game. I think maybe I should have read that on a day when I could savor it instead.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
N/A

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Super likely! I want to be an eternal reader, but maybe next year I'll also sign up to be a cheerleader, too, to help break up the day a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Good job, you!

I just found your reading blog via your sewing blog, which I follow on Google reader.

I love your book choices and would have chosen a couple of them myself had I participated in the 24 hour read-a-thon (which I KNOW I could not do as I am old and tired). I just finished the Y: The Last Man series and loved it so much. Also love The Hunger Games and The Golden Compass. I'll have to try a couple of the others you've read as well.

October 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home