Book Thirtytwo: The Likeness

The Likeness, Tana French



This is what you end up reading when you are stuck on a vacation with a book you absolutely can't stand, and you need to find something in the airport book store before your flight. And, whew! I am so glad this didn't turn out to be the stinker that was Tana French's first book, a book which I may or may not have hurled across the room in anger at the end. Seriously, if this one hadn't been good, it would have been entirely my fault for going back for more. But, fortunately, it was a good read with a good story and good writing. I've read in some places that other people also think that the book feels slightly similar in tone and character to one of my favorites, The Secret History, but I don't want to say much more than that. Not because it gives anything away, but just because I don't want to ruin the surprise. Well, not a surprise, just all the good weird shit that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home