Book Thirty: Heartsick

Heartsick, Chelsea Cain



Now that summer is drawing to a close I am finally getting in some good summer reading. I had been meaning to read this one for a while (ever since I heard Chelsea Cain on NPR's Crime in the City series), but to be honest never wanted to buy the mass market paperback. Something about mass market paperbacks gives me the willies. Even just writing the words "mass market paperback" makes my stomach turn so I think this will be the last time I write mass market paperback. Ok. Done. Anyhows, I saw this on the shelf at the downtown library, picked it up, and sat down and read the first 100 pages right there in the library living room. So good. I'm not big on serial killers or gore or gratuitous torture, and even though this book had all those things in freaking spades, it still got me. In fact I finished it in just over 24 hours. Too good to put down. And look, two sequels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home