Book Twentynine: The Cottagers

The Cottagers, Marshall Klimasewiski



It's not that I didn't like this book. It's just that it left me feeling like an empty shell of a human being with no hope or faith in humanity. But otherwise... yay!

I don't know, I just find that as I get older I have less and less patience for books or movies about hateful horrible people who despise themselves so much that the only thing they can do is snipe at others and drag everyone down into their own pits of depression. And by everyone, I'm also including you, the reader. I know that the world isn't always peachy and wonderful, but I find that there are much better ways to convey the horribleness of other people than this. I guess the book wasn't a total loss, in that the slightly thriller-ish aspect was intriguing and I tore through the last 100 pages just to know what happened. But I'm not entirely sure it was worth the suffering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home