Book Twentysix: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, Alan Bradley



Dear The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie,

You had me at "Hello." There's no other way to say it: I am simply smitten with you. Everything about you totally had me from the get-go. When I picked you off the bookshelf and opened you up to your first page, I knew then and there that you were the book for me. Can I call you Sweetness? Yes? Good.

Sweetness, I love your narrator, little Flavia de Luce, an 11-year-old chemistry enthusiast with a penchant for poisons, who, it turns out, is quite the detective. I love your mystery, I love your vivid characters, and I love that pie actually made an appearance in the book (custard pie, to be exact). I love that you made me laugh out loud many times over, and I love that you left me wanting more.

xoxo,
Ara Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home