Book Six: What the Dead Know

What the Dead Know, Laura Lippman



Thank god for being sick. Seriously, I've been holed up since Friday night doing nothing but reading and watching movies whilst blowing my nose, sniffling, coughing, and drinking enormous amounts of fluids. However, even if I wasn't sick, I still probably would have torn through this book at the same pace. I read this book on the recommendation of this super funny lady (aka Mindy Kaling, aka a writer for, and Kelly Kapoor from, "The Office"). I've been reading more mysteries in the last year (who am I kidding, I think before last year I had probably never read a mystery because I discounted them as trashy and simplistic), and was pleased to hear that there is a category called Mysterary. Now I can read mysteries and still be a great big snob? Ooh, fancy!

The simple setup for this amazing story is that two sisters disappeared in the 70s and until now they haven't been found and there are no clues surrounding their disappearance. But, a woman involved in a car accident is claiming that she is one of the sisters and has been missing for nearly 30 years. The novel unfolds as she slowly tells pieces of her story, but of course there are dead ends and things that still don't add up. I won't tell anymore, because I seriously want everyone to read this book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home