Book Four: Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction

Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction, Sue Townsend



This was a choice for my most recent book club, but I didn't quite finish the book in time, and then I was stressed out about not having anything special to bring to the book club (I usually like to bake something that goes with the theme of the book but didn't have time this month), and then there was a party at our neighbor's house at the same time, so that all added up to me skipping book club. I am sure at some point in my young adult life I read The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4, though I can't really remember much about it at all now. However, that hardly meant that I couldn't enjoy this, the most recent installment in the Mole diaries. I take it this book is a bit more serious than the past ones, as Adrian's life kind of spirals out of control in terms of relationships and debt, one of his sons is sent to Iraq for the war, and he is engaged--against his will, it seems--to a women he doesn't like at all. Sometimes it was difficult to read--I mean, it's really hard to watch someone, even a fictitious someone, make horrible choices and not be capable of doing anything about it. Though it's so amazingly funny that I could get past that. The whole back and forth about the swan (Mr. Swan) with Trixie Meadows, the Neighborhood Conflict Co-ordinator, really killed me.

At this rate, I am on an even more dreadful pace than I was last year to finish 52 books. And if I'm going to be totally honest with myself, it's because I watch far too much television. I will try to remedy this, but I'm not going to feel bad if things don't go quite as perfectly as I would like them to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

1) I hope you are watching America's Next Top Model instead of reading

2) I think you should bake something and bring it to my house

3) I bid you good day!

March 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home