Book One: Scoop

Scoop, Evelyn Waugh



It's back to the beginning for me! And I'm already one week behind for 2008. Woot!

So, I'm going to subtract the 1/2 from my 2007 total and start off with Scoop as my first read for 2008. We all know how much I adore Evelyn Waugh by now, and Scoop was no let down. The only problem is that when it takes me more than a couple of weeks to read a book, I kind of lose focus and I forget aspects of the plot. Which is why it took me a while to figure out that the wrong Boot got sent to Ishmaelia (fictional African country) to cover a pending revolution. But once I flipped back to the beginning, read through the first few pages and it all came back to me, I realized how funny it really is. Anyhow, it's silly satire of the British newspaper world, though not as funny, in my opinion, as Vile Bodies.

1 Comments:

Blogger bellcurves said...

38 books is a great accomplishment. good for you!

January 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home