Book Twentysix: Exit Wounds

Exit Wounds, Rutu Modan



I feel a little guilty counting a graphic novel as a book, but given that I'm about nine weeks behind on this project I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it. Also, this book was really wonderful, so I feel that content counts for something in this case. This is the story of a young Israeli man living in Tel-Aviv, working as a cab driver and living with his aunt and uncle. A young woman tracks him down to tell him that she thinks his estranged father may have died in a suicide bombing and they link up, in a fashion, to figure out what happened. The drawing is just right--spare and beautiful--and the story is lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger librarianista said...

Graphic novels TOTALLY count. I really liked this one, too.

December 17, 2007 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home