Book Twentyfour: The Right Attitude to Rain

The Right Attitude to Rain, Alexander McCall Smith



I've decided that I am no longer going to feel embarrassed about reading these books because, gosh-darnit, I like them! And I think they're good! So, there, I've said it. I enjoyed this one quite a bit, though I do find it interesting that he's totally veered away from the whole mystery part of it (even as tenuous a grasp as the previous mysteries had on the whole mystery genre to begin with). On this one he even changed the cover to read, "An Isabel Dalhousie Novel" rather then "An Isabel Dalhousie Mystery". I do find the Isabel character very appealing, and I can't seem to get enough of this whole world he's created, with her life in Edinburgh, her relationships with her niece and her friend Jamie, and her moral philosophizing. Now if only I could decide if it's worth it to buy the fourth book in hardcover or if I have patience to wait for it to come out in paperback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home