Book Twentyone: Sound Bites

Sound Bites: Eating on Tour with Franz Ferdinand, Alex Kapranos



Another book picked up as a freebie at book club, and another delightful surprise! At the risk of making myself look like a total nerd, I don't really think I can name one song by Franz Ferdinand. Yes, I'm sure I've heard their music at some point, but let's just say I'm not a true fan. However, what I am a fan of is food, particularly books about food. This book takes a series of articles written by Kapranos for the Guardian about all the food he ate while touring with the band one year, and makes it into a neat little collection of two to three page stories, accompanied by sweet little illustrations. And pictures in books are always a big plus in my book. (Not, literally, in my book, since I don't have a book of my own that I've written, though if I did I'm sure it would have pictures in it.) Anyhow, this was a sweet little book with some nice reflections on food and friends (kind of reminded me of Nigel Slater's Toast), that may not be super memorable, but a nice little diversion nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Make!Do! said...

Thanks for reminding me about this one - I always meant to pick it up.

July 25, 2007 at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home