Book Fourteen: The Sunday Philosophy Club

The Sunday Philosophy Club, Alexander McCall Smith



Ooh, it's the first two-timer on my list! Or rather, it's the first author I've read two books by this year. Seriously, this isn't usually my thing, but I've had this urge this year to read mysteries. I suspect this isn't quite a typical mystery, since it was relatively uneventful and the ending is a little... shall we say, not so thrilling? More time is spent developing characters and describing relationships than on actually solving the mystery at hand (which is: a young man falls from the balcony at the symphony and our intrepid philosophical heroine feels compelled to investigate). But since I'm a bit of an anglophile it seemed like a good match as it's set in Edinburgh, and that sets me off on wild fantasies of rainy nights and castles and thick accents and tea and plaid... sigh. I honestly can't think of much else to say about this book, other than that I enjoyed it while I breezed through it, but I may forget it just as quickly. (Sidenote: I finished this one several days ago, but just hadn't been able to muster up the energy to write anything... should I take that as a sign?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home