Book Twentyfive: Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning, Charlaine Harris



Charlaine Harris, why can't I quit you?! I mean, boy, do these books stink. And yet I put a hold on this at the library the day I heard it announced so I got it right away. I am really starting to not respect myself.

If you are interested in the plot, just take a quick look at some of the amazon reviews, where die-hard fans rip into the plot holes and continuity problems. Now that's entertaining.

And speaking of entertaining, let me leave you with a few of my most favorite quotes:

"[Eric] changed into his own party clothes. I braided his hair so it would look neat and tied the end with a black ribbon. Eric looked like a buccaneer out on the town."


Because there's nothing sexier than a buccaneer in party clothes out on the town, right? Oh Charlaine, you are so in touch with tastes of the modern woman!

"[Bill] smiled. 'Only you would say that. I love you. I think you're beautiful and kind and good, and yet you stand up for yourself. You have a lot of understanding and compassion, but you're not a pushover. And to descend a few levels to the carnal, you have a pair of breasts that should win the Miss America Tit Competition, if there were such a thing."

2 Comments:

Blogger fantaghiro23 said...

Hilarious quotes. I seem to be unable to quit Charlaine Harris, too, and so am left praying that she decides to end her series. Nevertheless, I keep on buying her books.:)

May 22, 2011 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Pétra said...

Those quotes are so funny. I have never read her books and from the sound of it I shouldn't start because I am the type of reader that would read them all. I'll have to run her by my book club and see if anyone has read her.

May 22, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home