Read-a-Thon Eve

Ok, I'm, like, so excited about tomorrow that I am now worried that I won't be able to fall asleep tonight. Making it even more impossible to read for 24 hours straight. This is like Christmas Eve. Or maybe it's more like preparing for the Sabbath, seeing as how I spent the afternoon making a giant pot o' soup, prepping my scone dough so's I can just pop them in the oven in the morning for hot fresh scones at 5am to have with my tea, tidying up the place so I'm not continually distracted by the mess around me, and procuring an emergency stash of coffee for when the going gets tough.

Read-a-Thon Books!

Obviously I have my massive stack of books at the ready with lots of options. Many of my choices came from this terrific list of good books to keep you up at night, some YA fiction I've been meaning to read, some of Raych's reads from the last Read-a-Thon that sounded appealing, and some graphic novels for when words become too much. And, rats! I just realized that some of my picks weren't in the above photographed stack since they are currently hanging out by my bed (those being Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris, and Cassandra at the Wedding).

Chris's Read-a-Thon stack

I am happy to be joined in this endeavor by my better half, C, who, you can see by his reading choices for tomorrow, is really and truly my better (i.e. smarter) half. And also my neighbor and pal, Jenn, who is just as geekily excited about the Read-a-Thon as I am.

Now, all I need to do is hang the stockings by the chimney with care, make the Challah, get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home