Book Fortyfive: Blackwater

Blackwater, Kerstin Ekman



I feel like this could easily have been a book I hated. But I loved every page of it. So quiet and spare. Not quite the book I was expecting. It's a Swedish mystery and while the mystery aspect is compelling and at times frightening and riveting, it's also a lovely story about people and isolation and connection. The story feels like it tells itself, going off in all sorts of directions as needed, and coming back around to key plot points when it feels like it. While it occasionally changes point of view, it does it in such a way that feels natural and easy, not at all like a certain book I disliked for this reason so much I couldn't finish it.

Mysterary at its finest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home