Book Fourteen: The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb, Melanie Benjamin

At several points in this book I think I may have wished I was reading Martin Amis again. Ugh. Talk about terrible, artless writing. At least Mr. Amis can string words together in a sometimes pretty way. And occasionally he shows a sense of humor. This, on the other hand, while an interesting subject, was a total snoozefest of a book. I'm sure it wasn't written exactly like this, and yet it felt like the narrative read like, "And then she did this. And then she did that. And then she met Tom Thumb. Blah blah blah." And every single chapter ended with a sentence (in its own paragraph, even!) along the lines of, "But she would soon discover how wrong she was." I am not kidding. Every. Single. Chapter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home