Book Fortyfour: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror, Robert Louis Stevenson



Even though I knew the general spoilers for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (who doesn't, right?), it didn't ruin the fun of it. Though I found it more intriguing than actually scary. It seems to be more commentary on the dual nature of man than a "Tale of Terror". If I knew Dr. Jekyll though, I might call him out on his delusions about what Hyde is up to. I don't think what prevents people from doing bad things is the threat of getting caught. Most of us, I would guess, are prevented from doing bad things because of our conscience. Though, I suppose that's what Jekyll figures out in the end.

I'm not sure I enjoyed Olalla so very much. I like my vampire stores pretty bloody, and this was too poetical for me. Now, The Body Snatchers, that was somewhat creepy, and perfect for a spooky October evening.

Happy Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home