Book Eighteen: London is the Best City in America

London is the Best City in America, Laura Dave



This book was an experiment for me. The experiment was that I would grab a random book--one that I had never heard of--off the shelf at Third Place Books, buy it, and read it. And while I sped through this, I realized, sadly that:

  1. This is chick lit.
  2. It is not very good.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why it wasn't very good. The writing wasn't super terrible, more just awkward and forced at times, with a lot of "And for the first time, in a very long time"s... so yeah, maybe it was a little terrible. And everything said was very loaded with lots of double meanings. You know what I'm talking about, right?

So, as a non-connoisseur of chick-lit, I may not be the best judge. The story was sort of okay and must have been compelling enough for me to want to read the whole thing in a day or two and yet it left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Like I feel a little dirty. Ugh. Or rather, meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home