Book Fourteen: The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire, Stieg Larsson



Okay, I really love these books. But there were moments--mere moments--in this one where he kind of lost me. Like the entire page devoted to listing out Ikea purchases by name. That's kind of cool if you're an Ikea geek like me, or maybe if you're Swedish, but I wonder how many other people really want to read what is essentially an Ikea catalogue when they originally set out to read a thriller. And don't get me started on the big climactic scene. There's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief when you go into books like this, and yet the ending really, really, really requires you to suspend some major disbelief.

But anyhows, super entertaining, good read, great characters, good plot... can't wait to read the next one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny L said...

Ara Jane - I love your blog. I recently read this book, the third is winging it's way from the UK with Katie. I totally agree with what you said about the climactic scene - it didn't really hit me until I was finished and went "wait a minute - did I really just read that?" But still, it is a very exciting read. Thanks for your blog - keep it up!
Penny

April 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger arajane said...

Hi Penny, and thanks for the note! I know some of my reviews aren't really "reviews" but I'm glad you like it.

April 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home