Book Fortyone: I See You Everywhere

I See You Everywhere, Julia Glass



It seems as if the new criticism of contemporary fiction is that people just don't like the main characters (especially of female characters, have you noticed?). I know, because I, too, have been guilty of this. But is this really a fair critique? Must you love everyone you read about? I think you could definitely say that about I See You Everywhere. Neither of two sisters, who alternately tell their stories over a period of thirty years, is really very likable. Meaning, you might not want to spend a lot of time with them. But, did it make for a good book? I think so. I suppose I was after a good, solid, contemporary novel (you know, with a story and characters) and this is exactly what I got. There are surprises and some emotionally heavy stuff, but I'm not going to spoil it for you.

In summation: not quite as good as Three Junes but better than The Whole World Over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home