Book Twentytwo: Twilight

Twilight, Stephenie Meyer



I know, I know. But would you believe that up until one week ago I had no idea that this book even existed? And once I knew the few things I needed to know about it--YA novel (check), vampires (check), Olympic Peninsula setting (yay! check), forbidden teen love (sure, ok, check)--I was pretty much sold. Also I watched the trailer for the movie that is going to be coming out later this year, and it stars the kid who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, who I find far too cute because, yes, he's so very very young, so then I knew that I just had to read it. Yes, like a dark force compelled me to do so.

I'm not going to say that this is the best book ever written. Far, far from it. And it's certainly not the worst. But, it has that special something, because what other book would have me up before 8am reading on the sofa with a mug of tea, frantically racing to find out what will happen to dear Bella Swan and her vampire love, Edward Cullen? Will they find true everlasting love, or will he rip her carotid artery open and drink her blood in a moment of passion whilst they make out in her bedroom? Oh, the suspense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home